Whether it’s your dog’s birthday, or maybe you just have some extra time on your hands, or maybe you just want to make homemade dog treats instead of buying them from the store, pretty much every dog owner has wanted to make their own dog treats at some point or another.
If you Google, there are literally hundreds of recipes. There are even homemade dog treat kits and electric dog treat baking machines!
Disclaimer: This post contains an affiliate link, which means that I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you make a qualifying purchase.
If you want quick an easy treats, this is the recipe for you! Bonus – this recipe easily makes about 500 treats! You read that right – 500 treats! In order to make the treats, you will need this silicone baking mat. Using this mat is what allows you to get 500 treats at one time! Now, the cool thing about this mat is that it is actually made to collect grease from meat you cook in the oven. So, it actually serves two purposes! (Just obviously discard the grease if you do choose to use it for cooking your meat and wash it well before making dog treats.)
Why should you make these treats?
Buster is practically allergic ot everything under the sun. Even when I buy dog treats for him at the store, there are only a few different treats that he can have, sadly. These homemade dog treats are made with only two ingredients, so you won’t have to worry about any allergy issues!
Even when we buy good dog treats at the store, it can still be hard to tell exactly what is in them or the exact quality of the ingredients. These homemade dog treats only have 2 ingredients, and you can even opt to purchase organic options!
I don’t even know what else to say here. You get 500 treats for only about 5 minutes worth of work! These treats will keep for several weeks in the fridge, so you don’t have to worry about them going bad. These are perfect to have on hand. Who knows, maybe you’ll feel inspired and motivated to grab a handful and have a training session!
I know your dog will absolutely love these, but if you make them, will ou please do me a favor and leave me a comment below and let me know what you and your dog think? I’d appreciate it!
Easy Homemade Dog Treats with 2 Ingredients
- Pyramid pan
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and peanut butter together.
- Slowly add in the water until you get the consistency of pancake batter. This was about 1 and 1/4 cups of water for me.
- Spread the batter onto the pyramid pan sheet with a spatula. Gently use the edge of the spatula to ensure there are no airbubbles in the pyramids. You also want to ensure there is as little batter as possible connecting the treats.
- Bake until done, about 28 minutes.
- Once cooled, gently shake the pyramid pan onto a cookie sheet. All of your treats should easily fall out!
- Store leftover treats in the fridge.